Saturday, October 29, 2011

1300+ But Forgot to Post...

So, there I was, the best day ever for number of words written, and I went off to dreamland and forgot to write about it on my blog. Go figure. 

That's right. More than 1300 words put in yesterday. SEEKING LIGHT AURORA is coming along nicely. When I finished the outline I came away a little concerned that there were not enough scenes - in fact I didn't have "scenes" just what I thought were chapter summaries. Some were pretty long, others were scant on details. But the whole of the story was there. I thought maybe it would be a novella, but I wasn't sure. My first book THE PREPARATION came in at just over 500 pages when I finished it. IN THE MEADOW came in at around half that. So, I have no idea what my newest work will look like once it's finished. But I do know, as I write, entire scenes [that I did not previously see] are being uncovered. The story is playing out it's own way.

No Fringe last night, but I did get to watch The Mentalist, It's Always Sunny in Phili and the Secret Circle [which is starting to get kind of stupid].  But that is the way of entertainment, I suppose. It's why I like writing books. Once the story is over, it's over. You don't have to stretch it out if you don't want to. You always have the opportunity for a series, but it's not necessary. Only if the characters demand it. 

Oh, almost forgot. Last night while working with a client, the idea surfaced of Vampire Monks. Then I thought, "no, no - that's been done" Played with it, chewed on it, dusted the dirt away from the dig site, and sure enough the story trying to get out did. It is a group of monks in a nondescript, remote area that are acting very strange for the new novitiate, Jeremy. There will be some surprises [but no vampires, thank God] and I haven't figured out yet the entire plot. But if you have any ideas, let me know. Maybe I'll incorporate your ideas and dedicate the book to you. ;-) 

Anyway, off to write. Still have a little bit of time before work. Until.....tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment